Saturday, January 27, 2007

I have the best friends in the whole world! and that makes me the luckiest girl ever :) not only they actually put up with me, (believe me difficult is easy if you're comparing it to me) , with all my mood swings, temperamental remarks, awkward questions, non-stop cribbing and God-knows-what-not , this time they actually gave me a surprise for my birthday!!! they took me out, promising a small simple idyllic picnic, and before I knew what was happening, we had crossed gurgaon and were on Delhi-Jaipur expressway! A plan I had categoricallly refused for, I was all sulking, not caring about their effort, ready to get off the car , bang the door in their faces and march off, if only they would pullover. I did ruin that part for them , coz then they had to tell me what was happening, and after cooling me off with road-side ganne-ka-juice, and sm pics, they took me to dumduma lake near sohna. I cut the cake, had the birthday song sung for me, even got gifts, despite the tantrum I'd thrown on the way!!! Then we boated in the not-so-clean-nor-so-deep-but-no-option dumduma lake, and had a blast of a time even there. Trying to row a boat and going more in concentric circles than along the lake, each one of us trying to do worse than the others, ;) and ofcourse I won.!!! We had lunch at a roadside dhaba, another long standing demand of mine, followed by a long drive back home by the road I preferred , we crashed Costa at the end of the day, quite literally since we were too tired to sit up, and after a few hours, reluctantly left for home.

And all of this 3 days in advance coz I had said I was too busy to meet them on my birthday!!! So much so that at the end of the day I felt my birthday was already over!

The most awesome day by the most awesome set of friends on earth :D
(touchwood!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment