Thursday, January 07, 2010

just a promise...

i am an optimist. most of the times.

mostly i am the person who loves children,
flowers, birds & butterflies
the person who sees the beauty
in the smile of a first time parent
or the happiness of a student getting a good grade
the person who loves watching rain falling on the glass screen..

mostly, i am the person who loves to talk to her mom
every night about small things
& catch up on family gossip
over a session of head massage
the person who loves to tease her kid sister
laughing & fighting over silly stuff

mostly, i am a simple person.
who prefers to trust people
& trust their commitment, dedication, sincerity
you may call me too trusting, too naive,
& i think you are right
but i prefer to keep it that way,
it makes life easier.

yet, the more i see of this world,
the harder it becomes to remain simple.
because the more i see of the world,
the less i like it.
& the more disdainful i become.

everyone caught up in petty matters of ego,
ego that is in desperate need for attention,
immersed in conceit & greed,
lacking dedication n commitment,
ego that resorts to lies to preserve itself,

everyone engulfed in their own petty matters
of their own insignificance existence

don't get me wrong, i am not holier-than-thou.
i have my faults, more than i care to count.
& yes i do know some phenomenal people
& am blessed with precious gems as friends
my life is full of people who love me,
and full of opportunities & possibilities

yet, the more I see of the world,
the more I realise I don't fit in
& the more i see that i don't fit in,
the lesser i even want to.

& i wonder at times,
if the world will succeed in transforming me
into one of its own, filled with conceit & deceit
& ensure that I fit in & that I succeed

or will it succeed in turning me away
away from itself and all its promises
as a defeated mortal, resigned to my fate
with lost dreams of a lost future

or will I keep fighting this battle,
this battle to preserve me as me,
to find a converging point of give and take
of trust and mistrust, of love and hate

this battle to find a converging point
between my definition of success
& that of the world's

this battle with this world
this battle with me.

can i win this battle
or am i just a promise,
waiting to be broken.

6 comments:

  1. you inspired me to put a long back written poem :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!
    Every person has forces that help him drive up or drown down. The ability to choose which forces to follow defines ones destiny. I am sure you'll choose the right ones :-)
    Btw, watch Rocket Singh if you have not already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved it and could relate to it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome. vow.

    ur' so precise and good in expresing ur promise that it needs a pat. and, make ur own world in the existing world, u will be well fit in the existing one. i 'm sure its' a promise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ul b urself... the lil tht I knw u, its gonna b impossible for the world to turn u into nething but urself... n thts the best thing ever coz the world needs people like u-- to make it a place worth living in :)

    ReplyDelete